These are an easy holiday appetizer and they pack a lot of flavour. I use a food processor to mix the indredients, but the trick is not to overmix. They will start to take on a bluish tinge which isn’t too appealing. The walnuts give them a nice crunch. The dough can be prepared in advance and refrigerated until you’re ready to bake and serve.
- 1 cup butter
- 8 oz. blue cheese
- 2 1/2 cups white flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Mix all ingredients except the walnuts in a food processor.
- Stir in the chopped nuts.
- Chill in the frig for a few minutes.
- Divide the dough in half then form into logs. If you can make them square they look more attractive.
- Wrap, refrigerate until firm (overnight is fine) then slice into 1/4 thick squares, or, for the cuteness factor, roll out carefully and use a very small cookie cutter.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350F. until bottoms are slightly browned. Refrigerate or freeze.