This recipe comes from the original Best of Bridge (the red one). I make these every year at Christmas. They’re one of Den’s favourites. Unfortunately, he told me that he didn’t get any of them this year. They disappear quickly . . . you snooze, you lose, I guess.
- 24 olives–your choice, stuffed or not.
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Grate the cheese in a food processor first, then add all other ingredients and process until well mixed.
- Mold a small amount of dough around each olive.
- Bake on ungreased sheet (or line one with parchment paper) at 400F. for 10 minutes or until golden.
- These freeze well and can be reheated easily in foil for 5 minutes at 325 F.