- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut in half, then butterflied
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- all-purpose flour, about 1/2 cup for dredging the breasts
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 4 tbsp. EVOlive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup organic chicken stock
- 1/4 cup capers, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and dredge in flour.
- Add 4 tbsp. butter and olive oil to heavy bottomed skillet. When butter starts to sizzle, add chicken and cook for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan to platter and keep warm.
- Add lemon juice, broth and capers and bring to a boil, scraping up the brown bits from the pan.
- Return the chicken to the pan and simmer for about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove chicken to serving plates. Whisk in 2 tbsp butter, then pour sauce over chicken, sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.
This recipe also works very well with halibut. Serve over wild rice.