aka Clean Out the Frig Quinoa Salad.
Be creative. Just follow the formula: start with quinoa, then add some herbs, some crunchy vegetables, some cheese, nuts, or seafood if you like and toss it all together with a little fresh lemon juice and olive oil . . . and you’re done! This is a fast dinner, packed full of goodness. Quinoa is a complete protein, and is a good source of calcium, phosphorus, iron, and magnesium.
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked in a little less than 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup olives
- 2 tbsp. fresh mint, minced
- 2 tbsp red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/3 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or toasted almonds or sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced prosciutto, cooked shrimp, prawns, or smoked salmon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
Cook quinoa and cool in the frig while preparing the other ingredients. Mix all together in a large bowl, then toss with oil and lemon juice.