An easy no-guilt dessert. Appropriate for those of us who have been indulging far too much lately . . .
You could actually have this for breakfast! Another plus: it can be made a day ahead, ready to pull out of the frig just before serving.
What goes better with cherries than almonds?
- 3 soft almond ladyfingers or slices of pound cake or sponge cake, broken into small chunks
- 1 500 ml (2 cup) container vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds (optional)
- If not using almond flavoured ladyfingers, lightly toss chunks of cake with 1/4 tsp. almond extract.
- Layer ladyfingers or cake, yogurt, and fruit in a small dessert cup. Repeat layers, and top with toasted almonds.
That’s it! Easy.