These would make a welcome holiday gift, packaged up pretty. They’re easy and delicious.
First of all, though, you have to make this Salted Caramel Sauce.
- 1 cup quality dark chocolate (I use Bernard Callebaut)
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- about 1/2 cup salted caramel sauce, warmed
- (dark chocolate bar, broken into small squares, optional)
- Melt chocolate over, not in, simmering water.
- Stir in the butter until melted.
- Put about 1 1/2 tsp. in the bottom of a mini cake case.
- Top with about 1 1/2 tsp. caramel sauce.
- Top with a tiny dollop of melted chocolate, or, if you’ve forgotten this step and already licked the container clean, stand a small square of chocolate in each cup.
- Refrigerate until set.