A month of indulging in rich holiday food culminated in a week of exploring boulangeries, patisseries, and brasseries in Paris. I sampled. I savoured. I tried it all.
And now the party’s over. Back to Boot Camp tomorrow.
Move aside galettes, baguettes, fougasse, and tartes aux fruits. Make way for green smoothies and salads. Here’s a new recipe I tried this week.
Totally White Salad
I’ve previously published a recipe for my Totally Green Salad. Here’s my version of a winter salad. It’s a beautiful mound of white crispness with tiny feathers of fennel fronds sprinkled on top. Serve it on a black or dark dish if you have one.
Serves 4 or more as a side dish.
- 1 1/2 cups grated or julienned celeriac (celery root)
- 1 1/2 cups grated apple. I used 2 Gala apples
- 1 cup grated or julienned fennel bulb
- 1 leek, very thinly sliced, white part only, rings separated
- enough lemon juice to toss (to prevent browning)
- chopped fennel fronds for garnish
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 4 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste