Fresh crab. Fresh lime. Smooth avocado. Crunchy jicama and celery. A hint of cilantro, and a dab of mayo just to hold it all together.
Those are the makings of a great amuse bouche we had before dinner tonight.
- 2/3 cup. finely grated jicama
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and finely diced
- finely grated zest of 1/2 lime
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced.
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh crabmeat
- 2 Tbsp. low fat mayonnaise
Gently toss all ingredients together and chill. Serve on a bed of lettuce or in parmesan crisp cups.
Parmesan Crisp Cups
Finely grate about 2 cups of Parmesan Reggiano and about 1/2 cup of another cheese with a higher fat content (cheddar, Gruyère, etc). Mix together with your fingers and make 1-2 Tbsp. mounds on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees F for 4-5 minutes until golden and crisp. Working very quickly, slide the hot crisps into tiny muffin tins to form cups. Let cool in pan, then cool on a wire rack before filling with the crab mixture. Munch away and enjoy!