Super simple, fast, low-fat, cute. A great appy. Here’s something tiny to celebrate the birth of a royal prince born today.
For the Wonton Cups:
- 18 wonton wrappers
- 2 teaspoons light salad oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the dressing:
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the salad:
- 1/2 pound fresh shrimp, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced pineapple (or mango)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions (scallions)
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brush the wonton wrappers sparingly with oil, and place each wrapper into a section of a mini-muffin tin. Gently press each wrapper into the tin into a cup shape. Sprinkle with a tiny pinch of salt and bake for 4 – 5 minutes, until browned and crisp. Remove from the tin, immediately place on a rack and allow wrappers to cool.
- Whisk together the zest, lime juice, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes. Add the oil and whisk until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the shrimp, celery, pineapple, onions and cilantro. Add dressing and toss to combine. Fill each cup with the shrimp salad just before serving.
You may also like: