Hang on to summer a while longer with this tropical twist on banana bread. The bananas in this loaf make it really sweet and the rum makes it moist! It freezes well.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons amber rum
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup medium unsweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon medium unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- Place sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add banana, yogurt, rum, and vanilla; beat until blended. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist.
- Stir in 1/2 cup coconut.
- Spoon batter into a greased or non-stick 9 x 5-inch loaf pan ; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon coconut. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Combine powdered sugar and juice, stirring with a whisk; drizzle over warm bread. Cool completely on wire rack.