Kids love anything on a stick, and the kid inside all of us does too. These mini Greek salad appetizers are fun to eat and they offer a healthier alternative to all the high calorie finger foods we often find on an appetizer tray.
Makes 24 appetizers
- 24 small cherry or grape tomatoes
- 24 chunky slices of unpeeled long English cucumber
- 12 pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 24 3/4-inch cubes of feta cheese
- 3 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- freshly ground black pepper
- 24 sturdy food picks or skewers
- Set up an assembly line of all ingredients.
- Skewer a tomato, a slice of cucumber, half an olive, and a cube of feta.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, oil, oregano and pepper.
- Just before serving, puddle the dressing on to the serving plate and stand the skewers upright in the puddle.
- Serve with napkins.