Here’s a recipe from The Plan by Lyn-Genet Recitas. She recommends serving it with chicken, but it is also good with salmon, halibut or other white fish. The cool cucumber provides a contrast to the heat from the pepper and onion, and the sweet mango balances the tart lime. Perfect harmony.
Makes 6 – 8 two to three tablespoon servings.
- 1 mango, peeled and finely diced*
- 1 cucumber, seeded and finely diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- a sprinkling of finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 roasted jalapeno**, minced