- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (4 limes)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves (firmly packed)
- zest of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 8 cups ice (crushed)
- mint springs and/or lime wedges for garnish
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar and water. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until the sugar is dissolved and the syrup is clear. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the sugar syrup, lime juice, mint leaves, lime zest, and rum into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the ice and blend until slushy. Spoon into glasses; garnish with a sprig of mint and a lime slice.
Adapted from Tyler Florence, FoodNetwork.com