I’ve made these three times now, and they will definitely be on the top of my Favourite Appies list. They are so easy–a veritable party in your mouth! Five ingredients and a food processor are all you need.
- 1 brick (8 oz. package) light cream cheese
- 3 oz. (3/4 cup) crumbled blue cheese (or other strong cheese of your choice)
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- Approximately 36 Pretzel sticks
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Spread the pecans out on a baking sheet and toast for 7-10 minutes, just until fragrant. Allow to cool, then chop finely in a food processor.
2. Cut the cream cheese into cubes and toss into the food processor bowl. Process until smooth.
3. Add the blue cheese and the cranberries and pulse just until the cranberries are slightly chopped. If you process it too long the cheese mixture will take on an unappetizing blue tinge.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Dampen your fingers and roll balls of the cheese mixture approximately 3/4 to 1 inch in diameter. They should be small enough for to be a single bite. Roll in the chopped pecans and place on the parchment paper. Chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
5. Just before serving, insert a pretzel stick in the middle of each ball. If you insert it too early, it will turn soggy.
This recipe was adapted from Five Heart Home.com